All the businesses that operate under the Palace Resorts® brand are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy adhering to the principles of legality, consent, information, quality, purpose, loyalty, adequate use and responsibility. This policy establishes the way that all the personal information we obtain or that you provide will be processed. Please read the following information carefully to understand how the information that you supply personally and that which you provide through the use of the websites that operate under the Palace Resorts ® brand is handled.
If you do not agree with the way we collect or handle your personal information, we ask that you please refrain from supplying this information understanding that by doing so, the company reserves the right to provide the requested services.
The Purpose of the Handling of Information.
The information you provide helps us understand your needs and interests and provide quality service. We use your information to communicate with you, to provide service and support, to give you updates on services and offers that may be of interest and to investigate complaints, answer questions or find out about your preferences. Occasionally, we may use your information to contact you to do market research about our products or services. We will always provide a means to unsubscribe from informative emails as well as those associated with market research or surveys.
The personal information provided is also useful for the following purposes:
a) To handle your vacation reservations and to process orders for products that you purchase to make your stay with us more comfortable.
b) To keep you updated on news, invitations and other activities relevant to our products and services, as well as to provide information on special offers in accordance with your tastes and preferences.
c) To fulfill our contractual obligations arising from any formal agreement between us.
d) To allow you to have access to our online services if you decide to do so.
e) To notify you of any changes to our service, and
The information collected online may be combined with information you have supplied to us by other means.
Information Collected from Users
The Options and Means that PALACE Resorts® Offers its Users to Limit the Use or Disclosure of Their Information
Palace Resorts® takes the necessary steps to protect personal information from non-authorized use, disclosure, alteration or destruction and to ensure that personal information is always correct and updated according to the Federal Law for the Protection of Personal Information. We also require our employees, associates and service providers to take the necessary measures and make all reasonable efforts to maintain the confidentiality of the personal information that we share with them.
For online transactions we use mechanisms to encrypt and secure protocols to protect the transmission of data from our websites to our databases. Unfortunately, Internet transmission mechanisms are inherently unsafe and for this reason, the protection of data during these transmissions cannot be guaranteed.
For your own safety and privacy, we recommend that you do not send sensitive information to us via email.
Means to Exercise your Right to Access, Rectify, Cancel or Challenge or to Revoke your Consent of Use of Personal Information
The user may exercise his/her rights to access, rectify, cancel or challenge the use of his/her personal information as well as to revoke the consent given for the use of said information by sending an email to email@example.com Once your request is received and if it complies with the established requirements of the Law, you will receive a timely reply as stipulated in the said regulations.
Palace Resorts® can deny access to personal information, rectify, cancel or grant a request to discontinue use of said information in any of the following instances:
- When the person making the request is not the owner of the personal information or the legal representative is not properly accredited to make a request of this nature.
- When the personal information of the person making the request is not located in the database.
- When the request violates the rights of a third party.
- When there is a legal impediment or a decision from an entitled authority restricts access to the personal information or does not allow the correction, cancellation or challenging of said information.
- When the rectification, cancellation or challenge has already taken place.
In the event of a refusal from Palace Resorts® to comply with the rights of the user regarding said personal information, it will notify them in a timely manner and using the same means by which the request was submitted.
Similarly, Palace Resorts® is under no obligation to cancel personal information when:
- It involves the parties to a private, social or administrative contract and the information is needed for the process and fulfillment.
- When said personal information is required by a legal order.
- When to do so would hinder judicial or administrative proceedings linked to fiscal obligations, crime investigations or administrative sanctions.
- When said data is needed to protect the legal interests of the user.
- When the information is required to fulfill a legal obligation undertaken by the user, and
- When the information is used for prevention or medical diagnosis or in the provision of healthcare services by a healthcare professional subject to confidentiality.
Transfer of Information
The private clubs that comprise the group that operates under the Palace Resorts® brand may share your information as follows in order to better serve your needs and interests and to improve their services:
Collections Agencies. We may share your information with outside vendors to provide collection services for a variety of goods or services that other companies have provided.
Business partners. From time to time it is possible that we partner with other companies to promote or sponsor special offers and deals. In such cases, as we seek a benefit for you as a result of our commercial alliances, we may share your information with a third party.
On-site services. It is possible that we share your information with local service providers that operate in the resorts or nearby areas of interest to our visitors offering services such as spa treatments, golf, tours or restaurants, etc.
Service providers. In some cases we contract third party providers to offer goods or services such as collections on credit cards, reservation services, travel agents, etc. that may provide services through our websites, provide news or special packages for which we may need to share your personal information. Palace Resorts® supplies these third parties with only the minimum required information to this end.
Business transactions. As we develop our business there may be a need to reorganize, restructure or sell assets. In the event of a sale, consolidation or transfer of assets, Palace Resorts® reserves the right to transfer, sell or assign the collected information including, without restrictions, personal and non-personal information to one or more affiliate or non-affiliate third parties.
Others. In addition, Palace Resorts® can share your personal information with or without notification in the following cases:
- When the transfer is required by any Law or Treaty that governs Mexico.
- When the transfer is necessary for medical prevention or diagnosis, provision of health care, medical treatment or health care management.
- When the transfer is made to controlling corporations, subsidiaries or affiliates under control of Palace Resorts® or a parent company or any partnership operating under the same brand and in accordance with the same internal policies and procedures.brand and in accordance with the same internal policies and procedures.
- When the transfer is necessary under contract, whether it is in effect or imminent, in the interest of the owner by the responsible party and a third party.
- When the transfer is necessary or legally required to safeguard public interest or to provide or administer justice.
- When the transfer is necessary for the recognition, practice or defense of a right in a judicial process.
- When the transfer is necessary to maintain or comply with a legal relationship between the owner and the responsible party.
- In cases where there is reason to identify, contact or initiate legal action against someone who is breaching the rights of privacy, safety and the property of Palace Resorts®, its visitors, guests, employees, suppliers or the public in general.
- If in good faith Palace Resorts® considers the disclosure is necessary and prudent.
We may also collect information using “pixel Tags”, “web beacons”, “clear gifs” or similar means (generically referred to as “pixel Tags”) that allow us to obtain non-personal information or additional information such as domain names, areas of the site that you visit, your operating system, the version of the operating system that you use, the version of your browser and the URL you visited prior to our site. This information is used to improve your experience on the website and understand usage patterns.
The non-personal information does not identify the user personally and we may therefore use it or disclose it for any given purpose. If this information is combined with any personal information such as your email, the information will be processed as personal information in compliance with our policy.
Use of Websites that Operate with the Palace Resorts® Brand and Links to Other Sites
The user should be aware that any of the websites that operate with the Palace Resorts® brand may contain links to other websites and the personal information that the user enters may be transmitted to these third party websites. Therefore Palace Resorts® cannot be responsible for the use of the information that is transmitted through these links. The links available in the Palace Resorts® websites are exclusively for the convenience of the user and merely informative. Palace Resorts® declares that it is not aware of all the information contained in these websites which is why the inclusion of these links in any of the Palace Resorts® websites does not imply endorsement or approval on its part with respect to the linked websites' content, advertising, products, services, policies or other material in or available through these websites and therefore does not take responsibility for their content. The user will access any of these links at his/her own risk and under his/her own responsibility.
The Identity and Address of the Responsible Party that Collects Information.
In order to comply with that which is set forth in section I of the 16th Article of the Federal Law for the Protection of Personal Information, the company designates Palace Resorts, S.A. de C.V., located in km 21 Carretera Cancun- Puerto Morelos in front Moon Palace Golf&Spa Resorts , C.P. 77500, Cancún, Municipio de Benito Juárez, Estado de Quintana Roo, as responsible for the personal information that is collected by all the businesses that operate with the Palace Resorts® brand and will foster the protection of said information within the organization and will make this policy known to our service providers in order to ensure its strict compliance and will also be in charge of following up on requests from the owners of the personal information in the exercise of their rights in accordance with the provisions made in the aforementioned Law.